To add a mailbox to your account follow these step by step instructions below: |
1. Go to e-mail control and click on add a mailbox option for the domain you want to make a mailbox for.
2. Then click on the add a mailbox button.
3. Then enter the mailbox alias, this is the bit before the domain ie nick is the alias of firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Enter the password for the mailbox.
5. If you would like to set up an Auto-responder for your mailbox, fill in the Subject and Message boxes. Leave them blank if you do not.
6. Click on the add mailbox button and this will bring up a confirmation screen that the mailbox has been added. Please note that sometimes mailbox user names are to long, if this happens our system will ask you to choose a shorter user name
6. Wait for the mailbox to become active; this takes a maximum of 30 minutes and you will know when it is active, as the status on mailbox will change from inactive to active. Please note the format for user names is as follows, if a user sets up a mailbox email@example.com it would have the username you-yourdomain-co-uk. Basically all the dots (.) and '@' signs are replaced by dashes (-).