Microsoft Outlook Express is our recommended mail program for down loading e-mail from a pop3 mailbox on our server. To set up Outlook Express, please follow the instructions below: |
1. Select Tools --> Accounts... to open the Internet Accounts dialog box.
2. Click button Add and select Mail, which will start the Internet Connection Wizard.
3. Enter Your Name in the display name field. This name will appear in the From field of the outgoing message. Type your name as it would you like to appear. Click Next button.
4. Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail address field. For example email@example.com
5. Click Next > button to fill out the Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server and Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field with your domain name. If you domain name is xyz.com then fill in xyz.com for both fields.
Click Next > button to enter your Internet Mail Logon information. Enter your full e-mail address in the POP account name field with all the "." and '@' changed to "-". So if you were setting firstname.lastname@example.org it would be nick-mydomain-net and enter your password in the Password field.
6. Click Next > button to enter a friendly name for your new mail account to be setup then click Next > button again to select your connection type.
7. Click Next > button and Finish button to end the setting.
Our servers use SMTP Authentication for sending E-mail. To enable this follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Tools and then Accounts.
2. Select the E-mail account you have just set up, and click Properties.
3. On the Servers tab, tick the "My server requires authentication" tickbox.
4. Click OK and then Close to finish.