To add a domain to your account follow these step by step instructions below: |
1. For multi site accounts only you need to create the directory you want the domain to point to using your FTP program. Please note that this step must always to carried out first as if our system cannot find a directory it will by default point the domain name towards your main htdocs directory
2. Go into domain control and click on the "Add a domain" button.
3. Enter the domain you want to add in the first box without the www.
4. Select the location on your server where the domain is going to point. For example if you have made your dir for your domain in htdocs and called it "domain", you would point it to /htdocs/domain/. Please note the spelling of the path to the directory must exactly match the spelling of the directory name on your server.
5. Click on the "Add domain" button, this is all you need to do in domain control to add a domain. Please note that once added it take up to 24 hours for our servers to recognise your domain
6. Now you have added the domain you need to contact you previous host and get the name transferred over to our name servers. To find out your name servers, login to the control panel and look under account details.